Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Gospel Primer lesson on the Glory of God

This lesson is taken from Milton Vincent’s book A Gospel Primer for Christians Learning to See the Glories of God’s Love.  If you don’t have a copy of this book, we strongly urge you to get one.  Make it a daily part of your quiet time with God, preaching the gospel to yourself daily.  In part two of the book, the gospel is presented in narrative form.  We would like to share this with you.

The Glory of God

1.                  My God is immense beyond imagination.  He measured the entire universe with merely the span of His hand.[i]
2.                  He is unimaginably awesome in all of His perfections, absolutely righteous, holy, and just in all of His ways. [ii]
3.                  He has also been unbelievably good and merciful to me as the creator and sustainer of my life.
4.                  Every breath, every heartbeat, every function of every organ in my body is a gift from Him.
5.                  Every legitimate pleasure I experience is a gift from His loving hand to me.[iii]
6.                  All that I am and all that I have I owe to Him and to His goodness.[iv]
7.                  My life in every way is, and will continue to be, utterly dependent upon Him in whom I live and move and have my being.[v]
8.                  This wonderful God is the most supremely worthy Object of admiration,[vi] honor,[vii] and delight[viii] in all of the universe;
9.                  And He has created me with the intention that I might glorify Him[ix] by finding my soul’s delight in Him and by living in joyful obedience to Him in all of my ways.[x]

Thank you Lord Jesus for our health, our wealth, our family, your protection, guidance, and love.


[i] Isaiah 40:12. “Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, and marked off the heavens by the span . . . ?”
[ii] Deuteronomy 32.
[iii] 1 Timothy 6:17. “ . . . God . . . richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.” 
Acts 14:17. “and yet He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good and gave you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with food and gladness.”
[iv] James 1:17. “Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.”
[v] Acts 17:28. “for in Him we live and move and exist . . .”
[vi] Psalm 96.
[vii] Revelation 4:11. “Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created.”
[viii] Psalm 16:11. “. . . in Your presence is fullness of joy: In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.”
Psalm 37:4. “Delight yourself in the Lord . . .”
[ix] Romans 11:36. “For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things [including me].  To Him be the glory forever. Amen.”
1 Corinthians 10:31. “Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
[x] Psalm 37:4
Deuteronomy 5.

1 comment: