Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Idol

I will publicly admit that I am hooked on this show. It all started 5 years ago. A girl from Snellville, GA was on the show....Diana DiGarmo. Remember her? She was the 2nd runner up to Fantasia. I was teaching at our church's Wed. night childrens group and all the little girls in my group talked about American Idol (the results show was right after they got home from church). So the month or so of the show, Amy and I started watching. After the last "contest" show, we voted for the first time. Lets just say, Diana did not lose because we didn't vote. Allen got in on the act and voted for her over 100 times. I haven't seen her back on the show since then but she is on Broadway in different shows. Amy and I got to meet her at a meet n greet and she is a really sweet girl.

The next year was the year of Carrie Underwood. From her audition, to the end of the show, I predicted she would win. What an incredible voice. Then we've got Bo Buice, David Cook, and Taylor Hicks and all the many other wonderful singers.

Every season, its fun to watch who they bring on the show to mentor the singers. Guys and Gals I haven't seen for the last 20+ years. Barry Manilow, Olivia Newton John, and honestly some folks I have never heard of.

The last show of the season is always a Grand Finale and last night was no exception. Rod Stewart, Kiss, Cyndi Lauper, and many more. And even though its been 30 years since they hit the scene...Kiss still disturbs me. However...congratulations to Kris Allen. He is a great singer and seems to be a very clean cut, American young man.

And all you mama's out there...if your babies can't sing, don't encourage them to try out for the show. Some of these kids can't find a tune in a bucket and the moms are crying that the judges can't recognize real talent. Thats because it isn't there. I do believe that the Lord gave us all talents but some folks didn't get the "carry a tune" talent.

Now, what to watch on tv. Survivor, Amazing Race, H***'s Kitchen, NCIS, How I met your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Idol, and CSI have all had their season finales. Hope the reruns are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment