Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Getting a New Roof

We now have a new roof. It is completely done. Hershey (our vicious guard dog) can now rest easy. She has been in a panic for days. People in and out of the yard and shingles flying off the roof. When we took her out on the leash she had 2 choices... 1. bark and act tough for the workmen 2. go to the bathroom and then bark and act tough. Potty usually won.

When the workers were on the back side of the house, they tossed the shingles over the side. Unfortunately, they tossed them onto my clothes line which is now mangled and un-useable. So, the roofing company is buying me a new clothes line. I am very thankful that no shingles landed on my blueberry bushes. When they were starting to work on the cabana roof, I went out and talked to the foreman and showed them where to toss the shingles. And they listened!

I am very thankful that it is finished. Greg missed the whole thing. He will be back tomorrow night.

The kids went to a "Hunters Safety Course" at the County Extension Office. The class lasted from 8am - 4:30pm. They all passed and will get the safety card. Which means Will can now do the Archery for 4H and compete when he is ready. Katie and Amy went along for the ride and they are certified too. None of us hunt but we do have some guns so the safety class was a good thing...and it was free (gotta love that).

When I picked them up, I got to talk to the Home Economist for the county and reminded her that I wanted to know about the next food preservation classes. I have been telling her since Sept. that I wanted to do this. Just so happens, she planned classes and set dates last week and we are signed up now. Amy, Katie and I are going to learn how to make jelly, can food and freeze food. We will have a class each month...April, May and June. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are limiting the class to 8 people and we are #'s 4, 5, and 6. Good thing I remembered to bug her, I mean ask again! Now, if the weather will just even out so we can plant the garden.

Tomorrow morning we are going to enjoy the peace and quiet with no roofers banging overhead. After lunch we are hitting the stores again. Borders is having a Teacher Appreciation Sale and giving a good discount. We love books and are excited about going to check out everything.

Greg will be home tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What interesting classes to take. It's always fun to learn new things. Congrats on the roof. I think Hershey deserves some time off now.

    ReplyDelete