Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Laundry Soap

We made our first batch of laundry soap on Feb. 3 and we ran out today (March 25). We have done 136 loads of laundry (probably a few more than that, the boys weren't as diligent as marking the sheet). So that mean is cost us..................drumroll........................ .0057 cents per load to wash clothes. Thats 1/2 of a penny. Really cheap and it cleaned the clothes well too!!!!!

Actually, given the change I collected after Waiter Boy did his laundry. It cost us nothing per load except for the water.

I found a homemade fabric softener also that we have been using. Its not as cheap per load but its about 1/4 of the price of the cheapest, on sale, with coupons Downey that I have ever bought.

The Fed Ex man delivered my new clothesline yesterday. So once the pollen and the rain are over, we will be regularly hanging our clothes up outside. It really helps keep the heat down in the house in the Miss. summer not to run the clothes dryer all day.

Lots of things I would rather spend money on....we need to buy pool chemicals...don't know any homemade recipes for that item.

1 comment:

  1. I have been putting fabric softener with water (1 part softener to 2 parts water) then I cut up sponges and let them soak in the mix. For one load of laundry I squeeze the excess out of the sponge and throw it into the dryer. This works well. What is your mix that you put in the wash?

    ReplyDelete